The Sue Holloway Memorial Scholarships
Fostering the Advancement of End-of-Life Care
This annual award program was created out of love for those who desire to further their education. It is designed to honor and support nursing and nursing assistant students who will incorporate end-of-life care philosophies into their practice, regardless of their specialty.
The Sue Holloway Memorial Scholarships honor Sue’s commitment to education, her love of nursing and her dedication to helping others achieve their goals with a little help from their community. As a Registered Nurse who earned her degree while raising two children and helping her husband get his new business off the ground, Sue understood the importance of community and support from others. She also believed that education can change lives. Access to an education and to a career in nursing should not be foreclosed simply because a person cannot afford it. Clarehouse and the Holloway family are committed to supporting those who have a dream of becoming a caregiver, particularly in this time of unprecedented need for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Awards: Description and Criteria
RN Nursing Students
A $2,000 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an accredited program in Oklahoma. Nursing students include those enrolled in traditional and bridge programs.
LPN Nursing Students
A $1,000 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an accredited program Oklahoma.
Nursing Assistant Students
A $500 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an accredited program in Oklahoma.
Awards will be paid to the program in which you are enrolled or intend to enroll directly.
Application and Selection Process
· Students are invited to submit applications to Clarehouse by using the online form or paper application available for download at clarehouse.org.
· Each application must include brief bio, program in which you are enrolled or intend to enroll with anticipated dates of enrollment, date funds are needed.
· Each applicant must complete three essay questions
· Each applicant must include two letters of recommendation – one professional (previous employer or instructor, one character (nonfamily member)
· Each application must include current contact information - home address, phone number, email address
· All applications must be submitted by April 30 annually.
Factors Enhancing Consideration
· Currently active in end-of-life care
· Volunteer service or community involvement
For more information, visit clarehouse.org or contact Britni Smith at email@example.com or Christian McLain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will be posted in January 2022.