The application window for 2022 has closed. Applications are accepted March 1-May 31 annually.
Fostering the Advancement of End-of-Life Care
This annual award program was created out of love for those who desire to further their education. It is designed to honor and support nursing and nursing assistant students who are committed to best practice end-of-life care across the healthcare continuum.
The Sue Holloway Memorial Scholarships honor Sue’s commitment to education, her love of nursing and her dedication to helping others achieve their goals with a little help from their community. As a Registered Nurse who earned her degree while raising two children and helping her husband get his new business off the ground, Sue understood the importance of community and support from others. She also believed that education can change lives. Access to an education and to a career in nursing should not be foreclosed simply because a person cannot afford it. Clarehouse and the Holloway family are committed to supporting those who have a dream of becoming a caregiver, particularly in this time of unprecedented need for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Awards: Description and Criteria
A $2,000 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an approved program in Oklahoma. Nursing students include those enrolled in traditional and bridge programs.
A $1,000 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an approved program in Oklahoma.
Nursing Assistant Students
A $500 award will be presented to selected applicants enrolled in an approved program in Oklahoma.
Awards will be paid to the program in which you are enrolled or intend to enroll directly.
The scholarship is for the upcoming academic year (starting in the fall, ending in the summer) only and cannot be deferred.
Funds will not be distributed until August annually. Please do not apply if funds are needed before August.
Application and Selection Process
· Students are invited to submit applications to Clarehouse by using the online form.
· Each application must include brief bio, program in which you are enrolled or intend to enroll with anticipated dates of enrollment, date funds are needed.
· Each applicant must complete three essay questions
· Each applicant must include two letters of recommendation – one professional (previous employer or instructor), one character (nonfamily member)
· Each application must include current contact information - home address, phone number, email address
· All applications must be submitted by May 31 annually.
· All applications will be reviewed throughout June annually and award winners will be notified in July annually.
Factors Enhancing Consideration
· Currently active in end-of-life care
· Volunteer service or community involvement
For more information, contact Britni Smith at email@example.com or Christian McLain at firstname.lastname@example.org.