Welcome Home is more than a greeting: it’s a cozy feeling that immediately surrounds you at Clarehouse. Families settle into the peaceful atmosphere and focus on what matters most while our staff and volunteers provide round-the-clock comfort care.
When a loved one needs more help than is available at home, we provide 24/7 care like a family member would, with each person’s hospice agency providing medical case management.
We pioneered this innovative, non-medical model of care and have served our community for twenty years as home and family to over 5,600 souls.
Clarehouse envisions a loving community where all people have the care they need at life’s end and no one walks their final days alone.
We embrace death and dying as a normal part of life and provide, at no cost to guests and families, the support people need to make the most of every moment.
- that people who are dying deserve the very best we have to offer.
- that no one should suffer when comfort is possible.
- in fostering connections so that people who are dying are surrounded with loving comfort while family and friends are supported as they say goodbye.
- that dignity, peace and kindness always matter.
- in providing state-of-the-art education that fosters community and empowers people to live more intentionally.
- in extending our impact by sharing our innovative model locally and nationally.
Our three unique qualities:
- We extend loving hospitality at our one-of-a-kind, purpose-built campus, created to promote peace and comfort enhanced by extensive volunteer support.
- We broaden our impact with robust education to prepare our community to navigate and craft meaningful end-of-life experiences.
- We are leaders and mentors in this innovative model, founding and fostering the Omega Home Network, a grassroots national movement to improve care at life’s end.
Our secret sauce:
- We are a loving home away from home with individualized, person-centered care.
- We have a well-defined service niche that fills a gap and avoids duplication in services.
- We extend our impact through expertise and input from multi-skilled volunteer engagement.
- We use a comprehensive fundraising strategy centered around building relationships focused on heart and mission.
- We share our experiences while remaining lifelong learners.