Clarehouse is a loving home for terminally ill people, providing living space, practical care and access to hospice services – devoted to the care of dying people and to the support of their loved ones. Clarehouse aims to meet the need of people who wish to die at home but lack the caregiver necessary to achieve that goal.
Clarehouse basic services
- Routine personal care such as bathing, dressing, toileting, assistance with transfers and repositioning, assistance with eating, and assistance with medications.
- Meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping.
- Access to hospice services and cooperation with the hospice plan of care.
Clarehouse specialized service
We are, with the help of community volunteer power, a place of emotional, spiritual, and social support of the dying person and his or her loved ones in an environment dedicated to helping them achieve the highest quality of living throughout their dying process. We believe that every moment matters and strive to provide comfort and support while respecting the dignity of every human being.
Clarehouse will not provide
- Skilled nursing care or treatments
- IV medications or infusions
- Acute or in-patient level of care
- Blood sugar management
Clarehouse Care Staffing
- LPN Caregivers – Provide routine personal and emotional care to guests, medication assistance, meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping.
- Caregivers – Provide routine personal and emotional care to guests, meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping.
- Trained Clarehouse Volunteers – assist with caregiving, emotional, spiritual, and social support, and household maintenance support.
Requirements for Services:
Clarehouse guests must be enrolled in a local hospice program. The hospice provider remains the medical care manager throughout a guest’s stay at Clarehouse.
Clarehouse provides services free of charge as a charitable organization with a mission of mercy and compassion.